- How police scripted Amruta Fadnavis' 'help offer' to nab fugitive bookie
- ACP Mirchowk Damoder Reddy conducted a counselling session with rowdy sheeters in Purani Haveli
- Silk sarees to be presented to 26 temples during Bonalu festival: Minister
- Hyderabad: CM KCR failed in solving ration dealers’ problems: Bandi Sanjay
- Salman Khan to host Big Boss OTT Hindi
- Hyderabad to host convention of global wedding planners
- Telangana stands 3rd after Kerala in Health Index ranking- NITI AAYOG
- SEB seizes 7222 kgs Ganja
- Telangana: Minister launches website for enrollment of traditional occupation beneficiaries
- Outreach activities at ENC marking WED
DMK ready to explore legal options in 2G case
DMK chief M Karunanidhi, whose wife is seeking exemption from personal appearance as a witness in the 2G spectrum case, on Saturday said further legal...
DMK chief M Karunanidhi, whose wife is seeking exemption from personal appearance as a witness in the 2G spectrum case, on Saturday said further legal options will be explored since the court directive "is not final". Mr. Karunanidhi said his wife Dayalu Ammal's health condition is well-known in Tamil Nadu and that she cannot travel by air. All her medical certificates have been submitted before the court with a plea that a medical team from a central government-run hospital could examine her and certify and all these expenses would be borne by them, Mr. Karunanidhi said. CBI had also accepted this but it was not clear why the judge had directed for her personal appearance, he said. "Since this verdict is not final, further course of action has to be finalised only after consulting advocates. Even after this if it is insisted that she depose in person, and if there are further complications to her health, who will take responsibility," he asked reporters. The court had on Friday dismissed two applications filed by Ms. Dayalu seeking exemption from personal appearance as a witness and to dispense with her presence in the case citing her ailing health condition.