- Khammam: Ponguleti to decide future course of action today
- KTR hands over 560 2BHK houses to beneficiaries
- Will the daughters get justice: Vinesh Phogat
- UTT National Ranking Table Tennis Championship 2023: Sarthak, Syndrela crowned U-15 champs
- Singapore Open: India's campaign ends with Srikanth's round of 16 loss
- 19-Year-Old Famous Esports Star Committed Suicide
- India's Jyothi wins silver, Amlan bags bronze
- Cyberabad: Inter state spurious seed racket busted
- ‘Thor’ actor applauds Ram Charan and Jr NTR
- The land earmarked for public purposes would not be cancelled even after 5 years : Karnataka High Court
IPL betting case: Vikram Aggarwal gets conditional bail
Hotelier Vikram Aggarwal, arrested in connection with the IPL betting case, was today granted conditional bail by a court in Chennai. ...
Hotelier Vikram Aggarwal, arrested in connection with the IPL betting case, was today granted conditional bail by a court in Chennai. Metropolitan Magistrate S Saravanan granted bail to Aggarwal on the condition that he should appear before the Crime Branch CID in the city every day and surrender his passport. Aggarwal was arrested on June 10 by the CB-CID police at the end of a seven-hour-long grilling over his alleged links with a bookie and betting on cricket matches of Indian Premier League. The relief for Aggarwal came a day after he was lodged in the central prison here on expiry of his police custody. He had yesterday complained of chest pain, when he was taken to a government hospital before being sent to the prison. Meanwhile, police sources said CB-CID of the Tamil Nadu Police would coordinate with Mumbai Crime Branch, in connection with the case. The hotelier, summoned by Mumbai Crime Branch, had appeared before it on May 31 in connection with a separate case on IPL betting. Owner of two hotels in Chennai, Aggarwal is a friend of suspended CSK team principal Gurunath Meiyappan, who was also arrested on similar charge.