- Mumbai to Tirupati: ‘Adipurush’ music directors planning something unique for the film
- PM Meets injured and bereaved families
- Qualcomm's next-gen Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 chip may arrive in October 2023
- AP special team visits Odisha, retrieves state passengers data, sets up helpline numbers
- Sonia Gandhi mourns loss of lives in Odisha train tragedy
- Andhra Pradesh: Train mishap averted in Kadiri due to loco pilot's alertness
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited the Odisha Train accident site in Balasore
- World Bicycle Day: Facts about bicycles and cycling
- International Bicycle Day: History, Importance, use of bicycles earlier and at present
- Amazon to use AI to check damaged products before shipping
Kirti Azad: Why UPA, NDA are silent on N Srinivasan?
As the spot-fixing scandal snowballs over each passing day, the controversy is now knocking on the doors ofA political setup in the country. ...
As the spot-fixing scandal snowballs over each passing day, the controversy is now knocking on the doors ofA political setup in the country. Cricketer-turned- politician Kirti Azad wonders why the UPA and the NDA were silent on the ouster of the BCCI chief N Srinivasan andA questioned why no genuine effort was being made to clean up the mess? "Where are those keepers of high moral values in both UPA and NDA...why are not they raising voice on the removal of Srinivasan over IPL scandal?" the BJP MP asked. "These people who raise voice in Parliament on any political issue are not speaking in public over the spot fixing in IPL and removal of BCCI chief over the dirty episode," Azad said. "The people who raised pitch of their voice to seek resignation of former Karnataka chief minister BS Yeddyurappa or NDA leaders who pressurised PK Bansal and Ashwani Kumar to quit Manmohan Singh cabinet are silent over such a sensitive issue," the Lok Sabha member from Darbhanga said. Azad, a member of 1983 World Cup winning Indian team, said as a cricketer he was aghast over the prevailing muck in cricket and regretted that no genuine efforts were shown by the keepers of morality to clear the dirt from cricket which is regarded as religion in the country. Senior UPA leaders Farooq Abdullah of National Conference, Rajeev Shukla of Congress and Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha and senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley and BJP Youth wing chief and MP Anurag Thakur are prominent names in the present cricket administration.