- Chandrababu Naidu arrives at TDP Mahanadu public meeting, to address the gathering
- TDP Mahanadu: All set for huge public meeting, Naidu to arrive at venue shortly
- Shaakuntalam Bags A Total Of 4 Awards At Prestigious Cannes World Film Festival Awards 2023
- Kodali Nani pays tribute to NTR, challenges Naidu, Lokesh to contest from Gannavaram
- Rajinikanth, Anupam Kher And SRK Praise PM Modi On The Occasion Of New Parliament Inauguration
- Modi pays tribute to NTR at 101st Mann ki Baat, says he earned place in hearts of people
- Sharwanand Drops A Tweet And Confirms That He Met With A Minor Car Accident
- 'DJ Tillu' Fame Praneeth Reddy Says, ‘I Want To Hold A Versatile ‘Tag’, Rather Than Being The Lead Actor
- AP Weather update: Heatwave predicted in several mandals today and evening
- NTR's centenary as 'Telugu Heritage Day' in America
Ranji-like Vijay Hazare Trophy mooted
Mumbai (PTI): The Cricket Board's technical committee will meet here on Friday to discuss the proposal of playing the Vijay Hazare Trophy One-day...
Mumbai (PTI): The Cricket Board's technical committee will meet here on Friday to discuss the proposal of playing the Vijay Hazare Trophy One-day matches in divisions -- on the lines of the Ranji Trophy.A The proposal was received at the recently held Ranji captains and coaches conclave. Among the suggestions that would be taken up at the technical panel meeting before drawing up the domestic schedule for the next season is the demand from captains and coaches for an additional day's gap between two matches. BCCI's technical committee chairman Anil Kumble, who was present during the conclave, would put forth the views raised during the conclave before the panel, according to BCCI sources. Kumble had said that the general consensus at the conclave was that the newly introduced format for Ranji Trophy is good, but most of the teams wanted a longer gap in between the matches. "They want a longer break in between two games, which will extend the season. They want a four-day gap (instead of the three-day one at present). It is the preferred option. But then we will have to look at a combination where some matches have three-day gaps and some have four days," said Kumble. Another suggestion from captains and coaches was to play the Vijay Hazare one-day tournament on the same format as the newly revamped Ranji Trophy with all teams pooled in three groups leading to quarterfinal stages. "They (Ranji captains and coaches) were keen for the one day matches to be played in the Ranji Trophy format. But its tough. Right now it is zonal and they want how the Ranji Trophy is played...Like crisscrossing (the country). It's tough logistically," Kumble had said after the conclave.