- Vijayawada: PM Narendra Modi government failed on all fronts in last nine years, claims Congress MP N Uttam Kumar Reddy
- Eluru: AP JAC regional meet evokes huge response
- New Delhi: CM Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy stresses on importance of infra
- Kadapa: Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy owes answer in Viveka case, says CPI state secretary K Ramakrishna
- Visakhapatnam: Mugger crocodile hatchlings, a new attraction at zoo
- YSR Kanti Velugu Scheme gets good response in Srikakulam
- Srikakulam: ‘State government suppressing employees’
- Visakhapatnam: Empowering women in G20 countries and beyond
- Visakhapatnam: People find various ways to dispose of Rs 2,000 notes
- Tirupati: Vahana Sevas performed for Govindaraja Swamy
Sania auctions racquet for PETA
New Delhi (PTI): Indian tennis star Sania Mirza has donated an autographed racquet to People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) for auction,...
New Delhi (PTI): Indian tennis star Sania Mirza has donated an autographed racquet to People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) for auction, the proceeds from which will help provide relief to 'working animals'. The racquet is being auctioned on the website eBay.Com and the proceeds will go to 'Animal Rahat' which is supported by PETA India. "The funds we raise from auctioning my tennis racquet will provide comfort to horses forced to pull heavy carts, bullocks who work in sugar mills and donkeys who are forced to labour in the brick kilns," Mirza said. In addition to her many feats on the tennis court, Mirza was named one of the "50 Heroes of Asia" by Times and one of "33 Women Who Made India Proud" by The Economic Times. Animal Rahat was founded in 2003 to give relief to horses, bullocks, donkeys and other animals who are forced to work. This life-saving programme offers services throughout three districts in Maharashtra state. It is run by a staff that includes veterinarians, veterinary assistants, animal caretakers and a full-time community educator.