- Doctors blame junk food for rising heart problems among school-going kids
- PLtechnicals Daily Morning Report
- Spotify lays off 200 employees in podcast division
- Rambha birthday special: Actress who ruled for almost two decades
- Apple expected to reveal mixed-reality headset at developer conference
- Train crash: Odisha to bear transportation cost of bodies
- Embark on a Transformative Journey in Business Leadership with MIT-WPU's Integrated Business Management Programme
- 360LIFE, A Leading Real Estate Developer Celebrated WORLD ENVIRONMENT DAY
- CEAT Celebrates World Environment Day
- Hansal Mehta shares his ‘cardinal rule’ while crafting characters
TN police issue alert for bookie
Chennai (IANS) : Tamil Nadu's Crime Branch-Crime Investigation Department (CBCID) Wednesday said a lookout notice has been issued to all airports for...
Chennai (IANS) : Tamil Nadu's Crime Branch-Crime Investigation Department (CBCID) Wednesday said a lookout notice has been issued to all airports for Kitty alias Uttam alleged to be a bookie with links in spot fixing in the Indian Premier League (IPL).
In a statement issued here, CBCID said: "Sustained efforts are being taken to apprehend Kitty alias Uttam who has emerged as one of the most important bookies."
According to CBCID, a lookout notice has been issued for Uttam and searches are being made to apprehend him.A The police said Uttam has used SIM cards which have been purchased on the basis of false and fabricated records -- more than 10 such cards have been seized and the user details of all the cards are being perused.
Stringent legal action shall be taken against the persons who are helping the accused to escape from the law.A Expressing satisfaction at the progress of the case, police said all those involved in criminal cheating and luring gullible public will be brought to book.
Of the seven who have been arrested so far in connection with betting on cricket matches, four accused -- Harish Bajaj, S. Virudhachalam also known as S. Vedhachalam, Lucky alias Narpath Jain and Pappu alias Praveen Kumar -- arrested on May 17 have been taken into police custody for interrogation. The others - Goutham, Deepak Bajaj and Sunil Bajanlal - will also be brought to police custody in due course, CBCID said.