- Genelia and Riteish Deshmukh celebrating Vat Purnima
- Lady Gaga on mental health benefits of make-up: ‘Sometimes it lifts my spirits’
- Tollywood celebrities express grief for Odisha train accident
- Rajniesh Duggall talks about his international debut with 'Postcards'
- Mahesh & Deepika Padukone were first choices of this blockbuster; reveals the director, producer
- iPhone 14 on sale for less than Rs 70,000; check
- CM KCR will embark on a one-day official tour to Nirmal district on Sunday.
- Jagadguru Panchacharya Swamiji said that Telangana State is a role model for the country
- Breaking News: TDP president Chandrababu Naidu met Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Saturday evening
- CM YS Jagan assures quality treatment to train accident victims: Gudivada Amarnath
Vesnina lifts second career title
Elena Vesnina mastered testing, windy conditions on Saturday to win the second title of her career with a 6-2, 6-1 defeat of Jamie Hampton at the...
Elena Vesnina mastered testing, windy conditions on Saturday to win the second title of her career with a 6-2, 6-1 defeat of Jamie Hampton at the Eastbourne International.
Vesnina will move up to 22nd in the world as a result of her success, with Hampton rising to a career-best 25th. The Russian was adding to her breakthrough triumph in Hobart, Tasmania, the week before the Australian Open. The contest took 73 minutes in whipping wind which resulted in several dead bounces and shots going out which would normally land in.
Vesnina had her own troubles with a billowy short skirt. The Russian was just a fortnight removed from the French Open doubles title which she won alongside Ekaterina Makarova at Roland Garros.
"It's a big honour to win here," said Vesnina, who claimed the title on the 40th anniversary of the pre-Wimbledon tuneup. "I'm very happy right now.