- We’ll see as we go along, Puri on petrol prices
- Visakhapatnam: Make use of technology to benefit planet
- Telangana Congress to study winning chances every 15 days in Assembly segments
- Hyderabad : Telangana Run tomorrow, traffic restrictions in city
- Hyderabad: Niranjan Reddy terms it Delhi-scripted meet
- Kanna Lakshminarayana slams power cuts, tariff hike
- KA Paul urges KCR to join hands
- Telangana: Kanti Velugu reaches out to 1.6 cr people
- Assam, Manipur CMs discuss peace
- Rajahmundry: Need for sports to students stressed
Under-16: St Andrews boys net hat-trick in football tournament
St Andrews School, Bowenpally, achieved a hattrick of title successes while winning the ninth Jaya Rao Memorial Under16 Interschool football tournament at Bolarum High School grounds here on Wednesday
Secunderabad: St Andrews School, Bowenpally, achieved a hat-trick of title successes while winning the ninth Jaya Rao Memorial Under-16 Inter-school football tournament at Bolarum High School grounds here on Wednesday.
They defeated St Michael’s School, Alwal, by a solitary extra-time goal with Teja netting the winner. Earlier, in the third place play-off Don Bosco High School, Erragadda, scored a 1-0 win over ZPHS Dulapally with Rohan striking it right in the 30th minute.
However, the biggest thrill came when Under-12 boys featured in exhibition match, and displayed skills that drew applause from the veterans present on the occasion. Ronaldo XI captain Jaison found the back of the net to nail Messi XI 1-0.
Privithi of St Michael’s was awarded Best Goalkeeper while Rohit of Don Bosco was awarded the Best Defender. Johnson of St Andrews emerged as the Best Midfielder and Clement of ZPHS was awarded the Best Striker.
Later, SBI Officers Association Deputy General Secretary, BHVVS Srinivas Rao, have away the prizes. Government Junior College, Bolarum, Principal, B Srinivasulu and Fateh Hyderabad Manager, Abhik Chakraborty graced the occasion alongside S Tony, the coach of the triumphant outfit.