- Nalgonda: State Formation decennial celebrations with eyes on polls
- Bhatti’s People’s March dubbed momentous
- AAP dubs BJP’s 9-year rule as dark era of failure
- Khammam: Glowing tributes lavished on NTR
- Hyderabad: Delays persist Rejected beneficiaries await ration cards
- Kejriwal meets Jain, calls him brave man
- Ramu’s movie highlighted facts of NTR’s life: Lakshmi Parvathi
- Warangal: Hopes of Mamnoor Airport revival still intact
- New Parliament House a jewel in the crown of Mother India: Pawan Kalyan
- Record turnout for Mahanadu on second day
Snehit to represent India in WJTTC in Australia
Citybased Table Tennis player S Fidel R Snehit has been selected to represented India in the prestigious World Junior Table Tennis Championships to be held in Bendigo, Australia, from December 2 to 9
Hyderabad: City-based Table Tennis player S Fidel R Snehit has been selected to represented India in the prestigious World Junior Table Tennis Championships to be held in Bendigo, Australia, from December 2 to 9.
World No-48 in Under-18 Boys section, Snehit is the only player from South India to get a berth in the Indian squad that will play in WJTTC besides being the first Telugu boy to achieve the feat. He represented India in WJTTC-2017 from November 2 to December 3, 2017 in Riva del Grada in Italy.
A product of Global Table Tennis Academy (GTTA), Snehit is elated with the communication from the Table Tennis Federation of India (TTFI) about his selection. "Feeling happy with this. I will leave no stone unturned to perform well in Australia," Snehit, who is being trained by former national champion S. Raman in Chennai, said.
A student of Journalism and Mass Communication of St Joseph's Degree and PG College in King Koti, Snehit played vital role in India getting the historic silver medal in Asian championships held in Myanmar in August. "As a team and at individual level, we should achieve something big in the WJTTC-2018. I'll give my hundred percent," Snehit said while thanking the Telangana State TT Association Secretary Mr.Prakash Raju and President Mr.Narasimha Reddy and other office bearers for their constant support.
As a preparatory for world Junior championships, TTFI is sending Indian teams for Portugal Open to be held from November 27 to 30. The GTTA management committee congratulated Snehit for his selection and wished him all the very best.