- Bonakal: Farming has become a festival in CM K Chandrasekhar Rao regime says MP Nama Nageswara Rao
- 4th National Open Surfing challenge: TN lads walk away with top honours
- 14th Graduation Ceremony held at GITAM
- Carry Minati announces charity stream for Odisha train accident
- Genelia and Riteish Deshmukh celebrating Vat Purnima
- Lady Gaga on mental health benefits of make-up: ‘Sometimes it lifts my spirits’
- Tollywood celebrities express grief for Odisha train accident
- Rajniesh Duggall talks about his international debut with 'Postcards'
- Mahesh & Deepika Padukone were first choices of this blockbuster; reveals the director, producer
- iPhone 14 on sale for less than Rs 70,000; check
Villa to rejoin Iniesta at Vissel Kobe in Japan
Former Spain and Barcelona striker David Villa announced Saturday that he has signed with JLeagues Vissel Kobe, joining his former teammate Andres Iniesta
Tokyo: Former Spain and Barcelona striker David Villa announced Saturday that he has signed with J-League's Vissel Kobe, joining his former teammate Andres Iniesta.
Villa tweeted a video, showing his successful work with New York City FC, before receiving a phone call that took him to Japan. “Hola japon. Hola Vissel Kobe,” he said in the clip, which showed him in the J-League club's crimson jersey.
The 36-year-old forward is the latest high-profile acquisition by Vissel in the western Japanese port city of Kobe.
The outfit -- owned by Japanese tech billionaire Hiroshi Mikitani -- acquired Iniesta earlier this year after signing former Arsenal striker Lukas Podolski in 2017.
Villa, the all-time leading goalscorer in Spanish national team history, joined New York City in 2014 from Atletico Madrid following successful seasons with Barcelona and Valencia.