- What happened on October 5 in History?
- Apollo Medical College hosts 'White Coat Ceremony'
- Know about cybersecurity trends
- Youth shot at by unidentified gunmen in J&K’s Anantnag
- SC summons Jharkhand Chief Secretary to be present before it on Oct 9
- Rahul surprises mother Sonia Gandhi with puppy; shares video
- Karnataka HC slaps fine on state govt for negligence in submitting report on public toilets in Bengaluru
- RBI sets ball rolling for new bad loans provisioning method
- Chromosomes may explain why men experience severe Covid
- CBI lodges FIR against private firm, others for causing Rs 63.71 cr loss to IDBI Bank
Join TRS, Jagdish urges Oppn leaders
Minister for Energy G Jagdish Reddy on Saturday said the overwhelming response to the membership drive taken up by the Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) was an indication of the benefits of welfare schemes launched by the KCR government were reaching the poor.
Nalgonda: Minister for Energy G Jagdish Reddy on Saturday said the overwhelming response to the membership drive taken up by the Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) was an indication of the benefits of welfare schemes launched by the KCR government were reaching the poor.
Speaking to the media at Nakrekal, Jagdish Reddy said that for the first time in the history of Telangana, people were voluntarily taking membership of the TRS and by Friday evening, 2.53 lakh people took membership in Nalgonda district. He expressed confidence that the figure would cross five lakh by the time the membership drive concludes in the district.
The membership drive taken up by three opposition parties three months ago evoked poor response from the people, while the TRS membership drive was continuing like a festival across the State, Reddy said. He claimed that several leaders from opposition parties were joining the TRS due to the increase in public support to the KCR government.
He said there was no need for another party in the district and invited the ZPTCs and MPTCs of opposition parties to join the TRS. Reiterating that Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao was keen on development of Nalgonda district in all sectors, he called upon the people to support the KCR government, which was committed to transform the State into ‘Bangaru Telangana’ (Golden Telangana).