- Google to Pull These 10 Apps from Play Store Over Non-Compliance
- Bengaluru cafe blast was due to IED, Siddaramaiah says
- Formula 1 chief and FIA president to meet over allegations against Christian Horner
- 'PM - Surya Ghar: Muft Bijli Yojana' promises to save Rs 15,000 per household
- My resolve is to prevent Trinamool from looting public money in Bengal: PM Modi
- Pakistan's presidential election on March 9
- 8 big investment funds exploring investment in telecom sector: Ashwini Vaishnaw
- In a first, India exports pomegranates by sea to USA
- World Teen Mental Wellness Day 2024: Date, history and significance
- Vijay Deverakonda drops ‘Family Star’ teaser announcement; sparks excitement
Will tackle drought: Collector
District Collector P Satyanarayana Reddy stated that the district administration took all the necessary steps to tackle the prevailing drought conditions in the district. ZP general body meeting was held at the ZP meeting hall here on Friday, which presided over by ZP Chairman Balu Naik.
Nalgonda: District Collector P Satyanarayana Reddy stated that the district administration took all the necessary steps to tackle the prevailing drought conditions in the district. ZP general body meeting was held at the ZP meeting hall here on Friday, which presided over by ZP Chairman Balu Naik.
After hearing the advises and suggestions from MPs, MLAs, ZPTCs and MPPs, ZP Chairman Balu Naik said that dry spell, depletion of underground water levels, increased temperatures to drought in the district. He informed that to tackle the water problem in the district, Rs 5.18 crores under CRS scheme and Rs 16 crores were sanctioned in the first phase.
He explained how the district administration was going to troubleshoot the drought in the district with the bitter experiences from last summer. Last week some of the water bodies in the district were filled by the water released from AMRP and 2.5 tmc water would be released to the district and 2.5 tmc to Khammam district from Nagarjuna Sagar Project Left canal from Saturday, he said.
The ZP Chairperson said they were supplying drinking water to some villages through hired water tankers and in some districts through pipe lines where hired wells were available. He informed that 50 quintals of grass seeds are ready to supply and will import more dried up gross for the livestock, if necessary.
MPs Boora Narsaiah Goud and Gutta Sukender Reddy, TPCC president Uttam Kumar Reddy, MLAs Bhaskar rao, Padmavathi, Veeresham, MLCs Pula Ravinder, Karne Prabhakar and others participated in the meeting.