- Indian salaries to rise 10% in 2024
- MWC 2024: Nothing Phone 2a Showcase a Refreshing Design
- Industry reforms will continue in our 3rd term also, says FM
- Khammam: Vijay Sankalp Yatra gets huge response
- Khammam: Farmers worried as reservoir dries up
- National Science Day 2024: Scientific Breakthroughs Around the World in 2023
- 19 file nominations for GHMC standing committee
- MWC 2024: Humane AI Pin is Your Ticket to Phone-Free Freedom
- Protect people’s interest at WTO meet, SJM tells Centre
- Two-day national seminar begins
NTR Trust Bhavan to become women’s residential degree college
The Telugu Desam Party (TDP) headquarters in Banjara Hills, NTR Trust Bhavan, is to be converted into a residential women‘s degree college. The office which hitherto used to be chock-a-block with leaders now wears a deserted look as the TDP leaders of Andhra Pradesh are running the administration from Vijayawada.
Hyderabad: The Telugu Desam Party (TDP) headquarters in Banjara Hills, NTR Trust Bhavan, is to be converted into a residential women‘s degree college. The office which hitherto used to be chock-a-block with leaders now wears a deserted look as the TDP leaders of Andhra Pradesh are running the administration from Vijayawada.
- The building wears a deserted look, as TDP leaders of AP have shifted to Vijayawada
- Proposal made by a member of Chandrababu Naidu’s family
- New party office for TS is likely to be constructed near Indira Park
Only a handful of leaders are seen in the Bhavan which used to be the meeting place of the Party’s Central Committees. Since the Committees too have been shifted to Vijayawada, there is hardly any activity in the halls of the Bhavan barring the occasional ‘press meet’ or two.
The TDP has witnessed a sharp decline in its fortunes in Telangana of late, with many of its legislators crossing over to the ruling Party. This has added to the lackluster look of the three-storied Bhavan which ironically was the breeding ground for many a TDP legislator and politician.
The Party office might now be shifted elsewhere and the existing building converted into a residential college for women. Apparently, this proposal was made to Chandrababu Naidu by a member of his family. Land is available near the Greater Hyderabad TDP office which is located close to Indira Park. The new Party office is likely to be constructed on this land.