- SVIMS, IEA doing yeoman service to epilepsy patients
- Rs 1.67 cr input subsidy provided to 1,369 farmers in Kadapa
- Farmers, backbone of YSRCP: Peddireddi
- 1.77L farmers get Rs 133.48 cr benefit under Rythu Bharosa
- Sreenivas Rao new DG (NS&M) of DRDO
- Govt will support farmers, says Botcha
- Visakhapatnam Port Authority sets new records
- TDP leader Venkanna comes down heavily on IT Minister
- Educational institutions, petrol bunks refuse to accept Rs 2,000 notes
- Prakasam district Police rescue kidnapped man within 12 hours
Germany offers expertise to shore up seed production
A delegation of German government comprising Dr Ulrika Muller, Project Manager, GFA Germany and Bretewitz Hartwig has appreciated Telangana government’s initiative for its plan to transform the State into seed bowl of India.
Hyderabad: A delegation of German government comprising Dr Ulrika Muller, Project Manager, GFA Germany and Bretewitz Hartwig has appreciated Telangana government’s initiative for its plan to transform the State into seed bowl of India.
As part of their nation-wide tour to assess weather conditions, crops being sown, technical know-how on use and to extend need-based support, the German team on Friday called on Agriculture Minister Pocharam Srinivas Reddy and held talks on farm practices and related issues.
Besides promising to extend technical support and expertise, the Germans said they appreciate the State government’s initiative to make the State into a seed bowl of the nation.
“We will extend technical support to Telangana State government to augment its plan,” they said, while speaking to the media. Pocharam said sharing of technical know-how and expertise in farm practices will improve bilateral ties between the Telangana State and Germany.