Feted for pushing blood donation
Indian Red Cross Society IRCS State Executive Member EV Srinivasa Rao of Warangal has received Best Blood Donation Motivator award from noted film producer Allu Aravind at Shilpa Kala Vedika in Hyderabad on Wednesday
Warangal: Indian Red Cross Society (IRCS) State Executive Member EV Srinivasa Rao of Warangal has received Best Blood Donation Motivator award from noted film producer Allu Aravind at Shilpa Kala Vedika in Hyderabad on Wednesday.
The awards were given by the Chiranjeevi Charitable Trust-organised Blood Bank on the occasion of film star Chiranjeevi’s birthday. In all, the Trust gave awards to 100 persons, who excelled in motivating blood donations and organised blood donation camps across two Telugu-speaking States - Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.
It may be noted here that Srinivasa Rao also received Best Blood Donation Motivator Award from the Governor ESL Narasimhan as part of World Blood Donors Day programme in June this year.
Speaking to The Hans India, Srinivasa Rao said: “I am elated to receive the award especially on the birthday of my favourite actor Chiranjeevi. It inspires me to focus more on my work.”
Srinivasa Rao, who has been working with the Warangal Chapter of IRCS, is very active in organising service-oriented programmes besides spreading awareness about the importance of blood banks, generic medical stores and thalassemia malady.
- Bringing back IAF pilot in 2 days from Pak was major success: Sushma Swaraj
- Virtual SIMs used in Pulwama terror attack; India to approach U.S. for help
- Kanhaiya Kumar to contest from Begusarai as CPI candidate
- Dancer Sapna Choudhary flips, says hasn't joined Congress
- War of words breaks out between Sushma Swaraj, Pakistan minister over abduction of Hindu girls in Sindh