- Hand over Sheikh Shahjahan to CBI today: Calcutta HC tells Bengal police
- Supreme Court quashes ED case against Karnataka DyCM Shivakumar
- Karnataka CM, HM get email threatening Rameshwaram Cafe-like blasts; $2.5 mn ransom sought
- NDTV Food Awards 2024: Shining the spotlight on India's culinary stars
- Penukonda TDP candidate thanks cadre for making Naidu's meeting successful
- With Rajeev Chandrasekhar hitting Thiruvananthapuram base, has Shashi Tharoor finally got a challenger?
- Oats vs. Millets: Which Grains Pack a Punch in Nutrition?
- Didn't siphon off funds, $533 mn with our 100 pc non-US subsidiary: Byju's
- Yemeni boy is 2nd youngest in India to undergo thyroid cancer surgery
- My biggest pain is I don’t enjoy my success as much as I should have: Ashwin ahead of his 100th Test
Jagan shifted to NIMS
Jagan Shifted to NIMS. Police on late on Wednesday night put an end to YS Jaganmohan Reddy and rushed him to NIMS hospital.
Police on late on Wednesday night put an end to YS Jaganmohan Reddy and rushed him to NIMS hospital.
Despite deteriorating health condition, the YSR Congress Party President refused to accept medical advice to break the fast which entered the fifth day on Wednesday. He launched the fast on October 5, demanding that the Centre revoke its decision to bifurcate the State.
Doctors, who attended on him and conducted tests, said that he was suffering from fever and dehydration and that his keytones level had reached dangerous level and that he might go into state of coma soon. He complained of headache and back pain, and sugar levels were declining, they said.
Soon after Jagan was lifted from the Deeksha site at Lotus Pond, his mother Y S Vijayalakshmi, along with party leaders including Shobha Nagi Reddy, reached NIMS Hospital. Party leaders claim that Jagan would continue his deeksha at NIMs and as he is unwilling to accept medical intervention. Following the reports submitted by the doctors, police reached the deeksha site and lifted Jagan from the spot around 11 pm. He was admitted in the intensive care unit. He will be administered intravenous fluids as is was suffering from de-hyderation. Party senior leader Konathala Ramakrishna alleged that Congress conspired to divide the State for political gains.
Jagan has been fighting for united State and will continue his struggle. He alleged that the police acted on the instructions of the Chief Minister.