Vemulawada temple works to pick up speed
The temple town of Vemulawada is set for a huge makeover, MLA Chennamaneni Ramesh Babu said, pointing to the several developmental works lined up for it.
Vemulawada (Rajanna-Sircilla): The temple town of Vemulawada is set for a huge makeover, MLA Chennamaneni Ramesh Babu said, pointing to the several developmental works lined up for it.
Addressing the media persons here on Thursday, he said with the funds flowing in from the State government, it was a matter of time that the temple town would soon be transformed into a major pilgrim centre.
“Quite a few developmental and beautification works are in progress with the funds allocated to the Vemulawada Temple Development Authority (VTDA),” he said. This apart, the temple town will get drinking water supply through Sircilla-Vemulawada-Choppadandi (SVC) segment of the Mission Bhagiratha, he said.
He said that major focus is on sanitation in the temple town that witness a floating population round the year. He said bins to collect wet and dry waste to come up with an outlay of Rs 14 lakh. A new bus station will come up in the town, besides constructing 80-feet and several internal roads, he added.
Gram Panchayat Chairperson Namala Uma, Municipal Commissioner Jagadeeshwar Goud, VTDA Chief Planning Officer Laxman Babu, town planning officers Tejaswini, Anjaiah and temple PRO Upadhyayula Chandrasekhar were among others present.
- Exit polls indicate Congress issues of corruption, welfare may not have clicked
- PWD official becomes overnight social media sensation
- Amit Shah to host dinner for NDA leaders 2 days prior to Lok Sabha results
- Refuting Congress claims, Army top official says 1st surgical strike was in Sept 2016
- We are winning, exit poll results are wrong: Tejashwi Yadav