- Suspected IED blast kills student in Manipur, another injured
- Asian Track Cycling: Arshad Shaikh, Jyoti Gaderiya win their third gold; Harshita bags silver as India claims four medals
- Corporate earnings surprised on the upside due to improvement in margins
- Ashok Chavan 'injures' Congress again, 55 Nanded ex-corporators join BJP
- Adani Group, Uber to form JV to help expand fleet on green energy?
- One killed as fire breaks out in Singapore apartment
- Two soldiers killed after helicopter crashes in US
- No difference of opinion between me and Satheesan, says Sudhakaran after show of temper
- ‘Farmers first’ policy is Modi govt's resolve to boost their income: A look at key initiatives
- KIUG 2023: Shooter Tejaswini bags Delhi University’s first medal; Chandigarh on top of medal table
Twitter reacts as India thump South Africa to win the series 3-0
It did not take long for Team India to brush away the South Africans on Day 4 of the third Test in Ranchi.
It did not take long for Team India to brush away the South Africans on Day 4 of the third Test in Ranchi. Taking just 2 overs to clean up the last two wickets, the hosts thumped the visitors by an innings and 202 runs to clean sweep the series 3-0. The victory also marked India's first clean sweep over the Proteas in Test cricket.
Starting the day's play at their overnight score of 132-8, South Africa managed to survive the first over by Mohammed Shami. The innings though was wrapped up in the following over when debutant Shahbaz Nadeem was handed the ball. While Theunis de Bruyn departed to a wonderful low catch by WriddhimanSaha behind the stumps, last man Lungi Ngidifell prey to a bizarre caught and bowled on the very next delivery to complete the formality.
India's star player Rohit Sharma, who had taken the three-match Test series by storm with his blistering batsmanship, was deservingly adjudged as the player of the match and the series.
Apart from seeing India regain the Gandhi-Madela Trophy, the win also ascertained the supremacy of Virat Kohli and Co in the World Test Championship. With five wins out of five Tests in the Championship so far, the world's top-ranked Test side now accounts for a tally of 240 points to lead the way by a huge margin.
Here's how Twitter reacted to India's historic win against South Africa:
Outstanding display of cricket by 🇮🇳 to win the series 3-0. Very good to see all batsmen contribute & the wickets getting shared between the pacers & spinners. Dominating start to the World Test Championship.#INDvSA pic.twitter.com/b21h4SHZ8M— Sachin Tendulkar (@sachin_rt) October 22, 2019
The most encouraging thing for India is that the wickets have been shared between the quicks and the spinners. It means there is always a wicket-taking bowler that the captain to turn to— Harsha Bhogle (@bhogleharsha) October 22, 2019
Home win that displays a promise to win overseas are ones to especially savour. This was one such a win.👏👏👏🙏🙏🙏#INDvSA— Sanjay Manjrekar (@sanjaymanjrekar) October 22, 2019
This is domination of a different kind...Didn't lose ten wickets in an innings even once. Only one match went into the fifth day. Three different double centurions. Fast bowlers took 26 to spinners' 32. Plenty to applaud. Well done, 🇮🇳 #IndvSA— Aakash Chopra (@cricketaakash) October 22, 2019
Don't even want to imagine what would have happened if Bumrah was there in the playing 11. What a bowling line up India has. Well played boys ! #INDvsSA— Vikram Sathaye (@vikramsathaye) October 22, 2019