- 2 held for murder of youth
- Gadkari urges auto industry, stakeholders to promote vehicle scrapping policy
- ‘Modi means guarantee of fulfillment of promises,’ says PM in Jaipur
- Musical fountains, a new attraction at Durgam Cheruvu
- Centre undermining federalism, says Chidambaram
- The 9th Edition of TEDxHyderabad 2023 - Ignite Creates an Unforgettable Symposium of Ideas and Inspiration
- 'China’s unfair trade practices have forced EU to become more assertive'
- SC issues notice on plea seeking 25% higher benefits for specially-abled individuals under social security schemes
- NSE plans to extend F&O trading hours; seeks Sebi's nod
- Congress should quiz Sharad Pawar on meetings with Adani Group: Prakash Ambedkar
We are here to try and win Champions League: Guardiola
Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola has set his sights on winning the Champions League after his team made the quarter-finals with a 2-1 victory over 13-time winners Real on Friday, going through 4-2 on aggregate.
Manchester: Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola has set his sights on winning the Champions League after his team made the quarter-finals with a 2-1 victory over 13-time winners Real on Friday, going through 4-2 on aggregate.
"We are here to try and win the Champions League. It is one step, if we think that is enough we will show how small we are. If you want to win you have to beat the big clubs," Guardiola told BT Sport.
"It is important, we beat [Real] twice. ZinedineZidane never lost knockout games. You see the calm and personality they play with, they are good."
On the game, Guardiola added: "We created a lot of chances and scored two goals with mistakes from them. We tried to convince them to go, go and attack but it is not easy against this team."
He then said in his press conference as quoted by Sky Sports: "This competition punishes you, we know that from our own experiences. Jesus was the man of the two games for us, he set up the first and scored the second. We more than deserve to be in the next stage."
"I just spoke with the scouting department (about Lyon) and they told me to be alert. We have eight days to prepare for it. We will enjoy it and then after we will think about Lyon," he said.