- AAP in Punjab targeting political opponents: BJP leader Jakhar
- Goa to ban dog breed attacking humans, says CM Sawant
- ML study links reduced sleep and activity to premature birth
- MP Minister Yashodhara Raje Scindia not to contest coming Assembly polls
- California's longest serving Senator Dianne Feinstein dies at 90
- Danish Ali writes to PM Modi highlights threats, seeks his immediate attention on Bidhuri's episode
- AASU sweeps Gauhati University students' polls; ABVP bags 1 post
- 12 state-of-the-art libraries opened in Punjab, 16 more to come up
- The IT minister KTR laid foundation stone at Wanaparthy district
- Railways denied special train for TMC supporters to travel to Delhi: Abhishek Banerjee
Currency exchange racket busted in Hyderabad
The Hyderabad police on Saturday arrested a currency exchange racket based in Karimnagar and arrested five persons from Shamirpet.
The Hyderabad police on Saturday arrested a currency exchange racket based in Karimnagar and arrested five persons from Shamirpet. The police also seized fake currency of Rs 1 crore, genuine currency worth Rs 1.3 lakh, a car and other material were seized.
The police said that the arrested persons include Mohammad Azeez aka Azam (35), a realtor from Karkhana Galli in Karimnagar, Mohammad Anwar Pasha (38), from Peddapally district, T Subhash Chandra Bose (41), production manager in Telugu film industry from Sanathnagar, M Nagaraju from Abdullapurmet, J Bhagya Lakshmi from Karimnagar.
According to the police, Azam went to jail four times earlier for similar offences. The Keesara police caught the gang after a complainant Raji Reddy registered a case.