- BJP President J P Nadda to arrive on Monday for two-day visit to Karnataka
- Jharkhand: 3 arrested in Spanish woman's gang rape sent to jail, police say search on for 4 more
- Imran Khan’s party elects Gohar Ali Khan as its chairman
- Japanese general witnesses exercise 'Dharma Guardian' at Mahajan Field Firing Ranges
- Centre suffering from 'anti-Punjab' syndrome: Kejriwal
- MP CM, ministers to pray at Ram Temple in Ayodhya on Monday
- Tejashwi responds to Modi's barbs about father Lalu Prasad at Patna rally
- CCL: Riteish's Mumbai Heroes pull off thrilling 1-run win over Bhojpuri Dabanggs
- UAE: Sharjah Ramadan Festival 2024 to begin on March 8
- Bengal BJP chief injured as car in his convoy meets with accident
Ganesh immersion peaceful in Nizamabad
Nizamabad: Ganesh immersion in Nizamabad joint district started on Thursday morning with District Collector M Rammohan Rao flagging off the Shobha Yatra.
Commissioner of Police Karthikeya took steps to immerse as many as 5,922 Ganesh idols in Nizamabad district – 3,070 in Nizamabad, 1,099 in Bodhan and 1,754 in Armoor. About 162 CCTV cameras have been installed.
Large number of police have been deployed on the Ganesh Shobha Yatra route. Hundreds of devotees have witnessed the yatra. Ganesh Shobha Yatra in Kamareddy attracted a large number of devotees.
District SP Shweta Reddy said that police personnel were deployed to ensure peaceful immersion of Ganesh idols in the district. The immersion in Kamareddy commenced on Wednesday night and will conclude on Friday afternoon. Swetha Reddy said the first Immersion took place at 10 pm on Wednesday.
As many as 1,406 Ganesh idols were immersed in Tekriya pond.
A boy died and 10 youth were injured on their return journey when the tractor in which they were travelling turned upside down in Baswapur village of Bhiknoor mandal. All the youth fell down when the tractor turned turtle and Kagithala Sekhar was crushed to death under tractor's tyres.