- Utilise the Integrated Veg and non veg market.public urge the government
- Minister Ponnam Prabhakar Takes Surprise Ride, Engages with Passengers on RTC Bus Journey
- Shraddha Das mesmerizes in vibrant Orange saree
- Nani’s ‘Saripoda Sanivaaram’slated for August 29 release
- 50 people join in YSRCP in GVMC ward 21 in presence of MVV Satyanarayana
- MVV Satyanarayana asks cadre to support YSRCP and make Jagan CM again
- Eluru Jana Sena leader Appalanaidu pacifies cadre
- YSRCP cadre hold bike rally in Kakinada in support of Chalamalashetty Sunil
- YSRCP cadre receives CMRF funds
- TDP calls for success of Ra Kadali Ra meeting in Penukonda tomorrow
Habitual offender detained under PD Act
Mahesh M Bhagwat, Rachakonda Police Commissioner, detained one interstate habitual cheating offender named Soumen Banerjee under PD Act on Saturday.
Hyderabad: Mahesh M Bhagwat, Rachakonda Police Commissioner, detained one interstate habitual cheating offender named Soumen Banerjee under PD Act on Saturday.
The sleuths of Special Operations Team (SOT), Malkajgiri Zone nabbed the accused for cheating people under the guise of customs officer and collected more than Rs 5 crore by luring to provide them gold coins and 30% interest on investments.
Officials also seized fake customs officer identity card, Aadhaar cards, voter identity cards, stamps, net cash of Rs 1 lakh and a mobile phone from his possession.
With a view to preventing him from committing such offences repeatedly, Preventive Detention (PD) orders are invoked against him and detained him in Central Prison, Cherlapally.