- TDP-Jana Sena alliance unstoppable, declares Naidu
- Popular TS leaders’ statues to adorn Tank Bund
- YSRCP second-rung leaders want sitting MLAs changed
- Pak-bound ship with N-parcel seized
- Farmers cry hoarse for justice amidst borewell seizures
- 42-target set for Bengal BJP
- Modi from Varanasi again
- Traffic restrictions imposed ahead of PM Modi's Adilabad visit
- 13th CREDAI Hyderabad Property Show from March 8
- CM Revanth Reddy anguished over malnutrition among women, children in TS
Huzurabad bypoll: EC rejects 19 nominations
- As of now, 42 are in the bye-election fray
- Final number of candidates contesting the polls will be known only after October 13
Hyderabad: The Election Commission rejected 19 nominations during the scrutiny process on Monday for the upcoming Huzurabad bypoll slated to be held on October 30. As on Monday, there are 42 candidates in fray.
According to the Chief Electoral Officer, the nomination papers of TRS candidate Gellu Srinivas Yadav, BJP candidate Eatala Rajender and Congress candidate Balmoor Venkat were said to be in the order.
There are 31 independents and several other candidates of unrecognised parties. The parties include Anna YSR Congress Party, Praja Ektha Party, Dalita Bahujana Party, Yuva Taram Party, Praja Vani Party, Jai Swaraj Party and Marxist Communist Party of India (United).
Earlier, 61 candidates had filed nominations till October 8, the last date for filing the nomination papers. The last date for withdrawal of candidature is October 13, and this is the day on which there would be clarity on the number of candidates going to contest the polls.