- Yami Gautam's ‘Article 370’ Takes the Box Office by Storm, Leaving Vidyut Jammwal's ‘Crakk’ in the Dust
- PhonePe’s Indus Appstore crosses 1L downloads within 3 days of launch
- Made mistake by retweeting YouTuber Dhruv Rathee's video, Kejriwal tells Supreme Court
- Pankaj Udas passed away at the age of 73
- In a significant development, the TTD removed senior priest
- Nayanthara Shares Romantic Photo with Husband Vignesh Shivan from their Singapore Vacation
- Boost rural women entrepreneurship via e-commerce
- AAP PAC meeting to be held on February 27, likely to announce candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Sanganer Railway Station in Raj speaks story of hand block printing from 16th century, says PM Modi
- Bhavish Aggarwal launches India's AI chatbot 'Krutrim AI'
Hyderabad: SEC notifies for election of leadership to ULBs
Even before the results of the just held municipal elections are out, the State Election Commission on Thursday issued notification for the election of mayors and deputy mayors in municipal corporations and chairman and vice-chairman in 130 urban local bodies (ULBs).
Hyderabad: Even before the results of the just held municipal elections are out, the State Election Commission on Thursday issued notification for the election of mayors and deputy mayors in municipal corporations and chairman and vice-chairman in 130 urban local bodies (ULBs).
As per the schedule announced earlier by the SEC, the counting of the votes in the 120 municipalities and 10 municipal corporations will be done on January 25 (Saturday). The new ward/ division members would elect the mayors and chairpersons on January 27, and they would be administered oath on the same day.
The Commission has authorised the district collectors to conduct elections to the offices of chairperson and vice-chairpersons of municipalities and mayors and deputy mayors of municipal corporations as per the procedures in the Act.
The Collectors would give notice in Form-II by for convening special meeting as per the Section 20 of Telangana Municipalities Act, 2019 for conduct of election to mayors, deputy mayors, chairpersons and vice-chairpersons on or before January 25.
The elected ward members of the municipalities would be taking oath at 11 am on January 27. Similarly, the mayors, deputy mayors and chairpersons and deputy chairpersons would be elected at 12.30 pm. The Commission has said that unless the chairperson/ mayor elections are completed, the vice-chairperson/ deputy mayor election cannot be taken up.
If for any reason the election to the said office is not held on January 27, it should be held on the next day that is on January 28 whether or not it is observed as a holiday by the municipality/municipal corporation as per the Rule 6 of conduction of Election Rules, 2020.
Elections to 129 urban local bodies were held on Wednesday and the overall voter turnout in these municipalities/ corporations was 70.26 per cent in the state.