- Five key projects of GMDA worth Rs 194.18 crore approved
- EU slaps $2 billion anti-trust fine on Apple following Spotify's complaint
- Momentum in power, capital goods stocks as infra projects likely to be unveiled, say analysts
- Santosh Trophy: Services hand Railways a 2-0 defeat to march into semifinals
- Ola's S1 Pro electric scooter gets PLI certification to boost green mobility
- Ranji Trophy: Big win over Tamil Nadu takes Mumbai into final for 48th time
- Sinead O'Connor's slams Trump for using singer's best-selling single at rallies
- Tata Motors to demerge business into two separate listed companies
- Interoperable payment system for Net banking to be launched this year: RBI chief
- Cash-for-query row: Delhi HC rejects interim injunction against 'defamatory' posts on Mahua Moitra
Kamareddy: MPP Ashok Patil asked the government Set up sand quarries to prevent illegal sand mining
MPP Ashok Patil asked the government to set up sand quarries to stop sand smuggling in Bichkunda mandal at a general body meeting held at mandal parishad office here on Thursday.
Kamareddy: MPP Ashok Patil asked the government to set up sand quarries to stop sand smuggling in Bichkunda mandal at a general body meeting held at mandal parishad office here on Thursday.
As soon as meeting began, PACS chairman Balaji asked for a discussion on sand smuggling. Mandal's public representatives complained of illegal sand mining from Manjira River at Hasgul village in Bichkunda mandal. The PACS chairman showed a video recording of a tractor driver, whom he (chairman) caught while transporting sand illegally in his vehicle, in the House. The chairman said that when he asked the driver if he had government permission. "The driver said there was no permission. He further said that he bribes the authorities with Rs 500 per tractor to transport sand."
MPDO Anand, Tahsildar Venkat Rao, AMC Chairman Sandhi Sayeva, ZPTC Bharati Raju, Co-option member Javed, mandal level officials and others attended the general body meeting.