- Mallampally as new mandal
- The list of LS ticket prospects becomes longer in Kerala
- Sitharaman credits Narasimha Rao for bringing 33% reservation for women at Panchayat level
- High-speed train between Ahmedabad & Sanand to commence operations in 6 months
- Delhi Police file charge sheet before court in Pragati Maidan tunnel robbery case
- India 'oldest democracy', publish books presenting its journey to world: Om Birla to publishers
- Women's representation in policymaking now set to increase significantly, says Anurag Thakur
- Assam government waives off loans of 2.2 lakh women
- I don't think anyone in world cricket at the moment would have a seam position as good as Shami: Harbhajan Singh
- Two terrorists arrested in J&K’s Baramulla
Podu land issues to be resolved soon: Minister Indra Karan
A permanent solution will be provided for all the issues related to the podu lands by the government, said minister for forest and endowments Indrakaran Reddy.
A permanent solution will be provided for all the issues related to the podu lands by the government, said minister for forest and endowments Indrakaran Reddy. The minister on Saturday held a meeting with ministers, MLAs and opposition leaders at Nirmal collectorate where the officials explained the podu land issues and expansion of forest area.
The minister said that the beneficiaries will be identified soon and all the issues will be resolved without causing any inconvenience to their livelihood. He also said that it is everyone's responsibility to make sure the forest area is not encroached.
Indra Karan also directed the divisional and district-level officials to prepare a report on the distribution of RoFR documents such as how many have received the deeds for how many acres.
In the view of the tribals practicing podu agriculture from November 8 to December 8, the minister asked the officials to receive claim from them and others on the directions of Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao by organizing meetings.