- Suspected IED blast kills student in Manipur, another injured
- Asian Track Cycling: Arshad Shaikh, Jyoti Gaderiya win their third gold; Harshita bags silver as India claims four medals
- Corporate earnings surprised on the upside due to improvement in margins
- Ashok Chavan 'injures' Congress again, 55 Nanded ex-corporators join BJP
- Adani Group, Uber to form JV to help expand fleet on green energy?
- One killed as fire breaks out in Singapore apartment
- Two soldiers killed after helicopter crashes in US
- No difference of opinion between me and Satheesan, says Sudhakaran after show of temper
- ‘Farmers first’ policy is Modi govt's resolve to boost their income: A look at key initiatives
- KIUG 2023: Shooter Tejaswini bags Delhi University’s first medal; Chandigarh on top of medal table
RTC staff climb Yadadri hillock on knees, pray the Lord to enlighten KCR
Huzurnagar (Yadadri-Bhongir): The agitating RTC workers of Yadagirigutta depot along with supporting political leaders took out a rally and staged a protest before Yadagirigutta bus stand on Wednesday. As part of the protest, they distributed pamphlets to passengers at the bus stand explaining why they went on strike and sought their support to save the RTC.
Later, they climbed Yadadri hillock on knees and prayed to Lord Srilakhsmi Narasimha Swamy urging him enlighten Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao and make in address the RTC issue in an amicable way.
Driver turns roti seller Meanwhile, a driver, Madavath Ravi Nayak, has started making rotis to feed his family as he was not being paid for the last two months due to the RTC strike.
Speaking to the media, Ravi Naik informed that he has been working as a driver in Yadagirigutta depot for the last 10 years and was forced to became a roti seller to address the financial needs of the family, all this due to the adamant attitude of the State government towards the agitating RTC workers.