- Annual day celebrated at MVGR
- Concerts you shouldn’t miss in 2024
- From Asia to Africa, India aids Global South growth
- You are not a limited edition, relive your childhood moments
- Casa Pop’s showcase at Artix Exhibition to celebrate women’s indomitable spirit
- No knowledge beyond Astagiri
- Just Two US Lawmakers for arms curbs on Israel
- Threads of silence: Sign language, an ancient legacy
- Collector launches PLCP
SC appoints three-member committee to enquire on Hyderabad encounter
The Supreme Court on Thursday appointed a three-member committee to investigate the encounter.
The Supreme Court on Thursday appointed a three-member committee to investigate the encounter. The committee consists of retired judge VS Sirpurkar, Rekha (former CJ of Bombay high court), former CBI officer Karthikeyan.
The committee which is being led by VS Sirpurkar has been accorded CRPF security and the case will be investigated in Hyderabad. The court directed the committee to finish the investigation and submit a report within six weeks. Further, the court asked to restrict media and social media in the case.
Meanwhile, the court stayed other cases filed pertaining to the encounter and ordered not to investigate the cases unless the orders are issued by the court.