- Is BJP focussing attention on AP?
- Hyderabad: EFLU issues notification for recruitment of non-teaching staff
- Congress greets people on Telangana statehood day
- Sharwanand marriage updates: Wedding hungama kickstarted in Jaipur
- APPSC Group-1 Mains exam to begin tomorrow chairman inspects arrangements
- Meta ends remote work policy; find details
- Five Poll Guarantees Would Be Implemented In Karnataka, Says CM Siddaramaiah
- Vijayawada ACB court hears arguments on CID's petition on Naidu's residence, adjourns hearing to June 6
- PM Narendra Modi, Amit Shah greet Telangana Governor on birthday
- Telangana emerging as hub of innovation, startups: President Murmu
2,000 athletes got jobs under sports quota, says Minister Roja
- Minister for Sports Roja says the state government is giving a big boost to the sports sector and providing jobs under sports quota
- More than 1,000 summer camps have been organised in 26 districts to encourage the sportsman spirit among the enthusiasts
Kurnool: Minister for Sports, Culture and Tourism R K Roja said that the government is selflessly making all efforts to encourage sports talent and for promoting sports sector on a larger scale. Inaugurating a gymnastic equipment centre at the outdoor stadium here on Saturday, Roja said that the state government was giving a big boost to the sports sector and providing jobs to nearly 2,000 athletes under sports quota.
More than 1,000 summer camps have been organised in 26 districts to encourage the sportsman spirit among the enthusiasts, said the sports minister. She further said that the Sports Authority of Andhra Pradesh would be always on the forefront to bring the young athletes to limelight. Playing sports was very important for every student.
"We are coordinating with the education department to see that students have a game period for at least one hour," she said. Every school should have playgrounds else they would be taken into task, said Roja. She said that the international sports athlete Jafreen has been given Rs 7 lakh as a means of financial assistance.
Later Roja along with the Sports Authority Chairman Byreddy Siddartha Reddy inaugurated the gymnastic equipment worth Rs 69 lakh at the center in the outdoor stadium. To encourage the rollerskater kids she spent a while with them. Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Ramana, Bhupathi Rao, Sreenath, Ravi Kumar, Susanth, Nayab Rasool, Avinash Shetty and others participated.