- Odisha will have a double-engine govt after 2024 election: Rajnath Singh
- Mekapati Vikram Reddy reviews on Revenue dept. in Nellore
- Sachin Tendulkar pays obeisance at Hazratbal, Shankaracharya temple in Srinagar; takes Shikara ride
- Olive Ridley turtles lay over 9K eggs in South Goa
- Sandeshkhali unrest: Bengal BJP chief Sukanta Majumdar dragged by cops during protest
- Meta’s Oversight Board extends its scope to Instagram Threads
- Indian researchers develop 'organoid' to help in neurodegenerative diseases
- Priyanka Chopra gives sneak peek into MM's 'first hike'; fans gush over her voice
- Army rescues stranded students in J&K
- J&K approves development of 7 new Industrial Estates
Andhra Pradesh: Crucial meeting to discuss Polavaram revised estimates will be held in Delhi today
A crucial meeting in regard to the Polavaram project will be held in Delhi on Wednesday over the revised estimated cost of the Polavaram project.
A crucial meeting in regard to the Polavaram project will be held in Delhi on Wednesday over the revised estimated cost of the Polavaram project. State Water Resources Secretary J Shyamala Rao and Engineer-in-Chief C Narayana Reddy will meet Union Jala Sakti Secretary UP Singh. They will discuss giving investment clearance for Polavaram estimated cost at 2017–18 prices.
The Polavaram Project Authority (PPA) and the Central Water Board (CWC) have already fully agreed with the state government's claim that the Polavaram project will pave the way for completion if it is funded at 2017-18 prices. The Department of Water Energy is working to finalize the estimated cost of the project at 2017-18 prices and provide investment clearance.
Meanwhile, the PPA has geared up for seeking the approval for the pending designs of the Polavaram head works from Central Water Board.