- TN fertiliser unit responsible for ammonia leak ready to pay Rs 5.92 cr compensation: Minister
- Delhi HC asks suspended BJP MLAs to meet Speaker as Lt Governor accepts apology
- Breakup Day 2024: Top 5 Songs to Heal Your Heart After a Failed Relationship.
- Govt plans to simplify, digitalise KYC process
- RPI South India General Secretary Ajay Prasanna announces plans to strengthen the party
- BJP plans to take PM Suryaghar scheme into public
- Gonuguntla Suryanarayana flays YSRCP govt
- There's definitely a chance, says Pope on Stokes’ bowling in the Ranchi Test against India
- Shoulder Joint Replacement Conference Highlights Latest Innovations
- Newly elected Rajya Sabha member Anil Kumar Yadav meets Revanth Reddy, seeks blessings
Andhra Pradesh: Fire breaks out at Annavaram Union Bank in East Godavari
A fire broke out at Annavaram Union Bank in East Godavari district causing huge flames in the bank premises. The firefighters rushed to the scene and are trying to contain the blaze.
A massive fire broke out at the Union Bank of India building in Annavaram near the Sri Veera Venkata Satyanarayana Swamy temple on Thursday morning. A thick fog enveloped the entire building and people became panicky. According to sources, the security guard immediately informed the Fire department officials. Soon after the fire department officials rushed to the spot and controlled the situation.
It took firefighters more than two hours to douse the flames. Prathipadu Circle Inspector Mr. Kishore told "The Hans India" that the fire took place in the early morning of 6.30 am in the Union Bank. He said that during the raging fire, Seven air conditioners (ACs), five computers and electrical equipment were damaged and the currency notes were safe.
He said that they are investigating the matter and trying to elicit information regarding the cause of the fire.