- TDP will regain glory in Telangana: Chandrababu Naidu
- Modi thanks US Speaker for inviting him to address joint meeting of Congress
- Haryana farmers protesting on NH 44 over sunflower seeds procurement baton-charged
- CM Kejriwal approves 24x7 operations for 155 shops and commercial establishments in Delhi
- Environment Excellence Award for 2023
- Homeopathy to be 2nd largest healthcare system in India, says Dr Mukesh Batra
- Tamil Nadu CM MK Stalin launches 500 Urban Health Centres
- How police scripted Amruta Fadnavis' 'help offer' to nab fugitive bookie
- ACP Mirchowk Damoder Reddy conducted a counselling session with rowdy sheeters in Purani Haveli
- Silk sarees to be presented to 26 temples during Bonalu festival: Minister
Andhra Pradesh: Special team studies cashew crop losses
A special team appointed by the government of Andhra Pradesh visited the remote villages and tribal habitations to estimate the loss occurred to cashew yields due to the recent gales in Kanya district on Saturday.
Parvathipuram Manyam: A special team appointed by the government of Andhra Pradesh visited the remote villages and tribal habitations to estimate the loss occurred to cashew yields due to the recent gales in Kanya district on Saturday.
The government appointed Dr R Uma Maheswara Rao, P Hari Kumar, R Srinivasa Rao to examine the situation of cashew crops.
The experts along with collector Nishanth Kumar visited the cashew gardens in Dokisila village.
The officials interacted with farmers and inquired about the losses and said that the horticulture experts would give suggestions to revive the trees and to get better flowering in next season.
Farmers appealed to the officials to sanction compensation for losing crops.