- 2 held for murder of youth
- Gadkari urges auto industry, stakeholders to promote vehicle scrapping policy
- ‘Modi means guarantee of fulfillment of promises,’ says PM in Jaipur
- Musical fountains, a new attraction at Durgam Cheruvu
- Centre undermining federalism, says Chidambaram
- The 9th Edition of TEDxHyderabad 2023 - Ignite Creates an Unforgettable Symposium of Ideas and Inspiration
- 'China’s unfair trade practices have forced EU to become more assertive'
- SC issues notice on plea seeking 25% higher benefits for specially-abled individuals under social security schemes
- NSE plans to extend F&O trading hours; seeks Sebi's nod
- Congress should quiz Sharad Pawar on meetings with Adani Group: Prakash Ambedkar
Andhra Pradesh: TCS likely to open its services in Visakhapatnam
With the efforts of IT Minister Mekapati Goutham Reddy, the government is making efforts to set up large industries in Andhra Pradesh especially in Visakhapatnam.
With the efforts of IT Minister Mekapati Goutham Reddy, the government is making efforts to set up large industries in Andhra Pradesh especially in Visakhapatnam. Off late, the country's biggest MNC Tata Consultancy Services has given the nod to set up an office in Visakhapatnam.
State IT department chief secretary Kona Shashidhar said the minister had already held two meetings with TCS representatives in Bangalore last September. He also opined that the minister had held another discussion in Nagpur to which TCS representatives responded positively to open its services in Visakhapatnam.
The minister is likely to meet the officials of the company's head office in Mumbai to invite them to Visakhapatnam. Shashidhar asserted that the new IT Policy Framework is also ready and said that several companies are looking forward to investing in the state/