- Immunity given to lawmakers should not protect them from criminal prosecution for accepting bribes: Centre in Supreme Court
- 'I am not as communal as I am made out to be': Smriti Irani's swipe at Oppn
- 2 terrorists killed in Kashmir encounter, identified
- SC releases accused, who couldn't comply with HC condition, on bail after 3 years
- Nitish Kumar must answer how JD-U MLC was able to obtain caste survey data: Sushil Modi
- 'Gehlot Saheb, 2023 comes before 2030, have you forgotten count', Nadda takes dig at Raj CM
- What happened on October 5 in History?
- Apollo Medical College hosts 'White Coat Ceremony'
- Know about cybersecurity trends
- Youth shot at by unidentified gunmen in J&K’s Anantnag
Andhra Pradesh: Train mishap averted in Kadiri due to loco pilot's alertness
While the people of the country are expressing their grief over this train accident in Odisha where more than 250 people died
While the people of the country are expressing their grief over this train accident in Odisha where more than 250 people died, a negligence of railway gate man was reported as the railway gate was not closed at the time of arrival of train. However, with the vigilant loco pilot noticing it and stopped the train, s major mishap averted.
According to details, at Kadiri railway station in Sathyasai district, the gateman did not close the gate when the Nagarcoil-Mumbai train arrived. The motorists are also crossing the railway track. The loco pilot noticed this and immediately stopped the train. The motorists breathed in a sigh of relief.
The locals expressed concern that another accident would have happened if the loco pilot did not stop the train. Officials who entered the field are investigating the matter.