- Delhi HC seeks Centre's reply on plea against notification imposing restrictions on women for change of surname
- Telangana Food Lab Confirms Contaminated Chocolate
- 'Phir Aayi Hasseen Dillruba': Kanika Dhillon unmasks the real Dinesh Pandit
- New investments in semiconductor chips will remain in Asia but moving away from China: Moody's Analytics
- IndiaTech partners T9L to launch early-stage incubation programme for startups
- K’taka CM accepts controversial caste census report ahead of Lok Sabha elections
- Cabinet approves Rs 150 crore to set up global big cat alliance
- X App Audio and Video Calling Functionality Explained
- 12-member panel to supervise inventory of Ratna Bhandar
- Demystifying debt funds: A guide to secure investments
Beware of landmines, police told
With the growing threat of landmines and other explosives, the combing teams and police personnel in the Agency areas have been directed to be very careful and move after the clearance of the route parties.
Visakhapatnam: With the growing threat of landmines and other explosives, the combing teams and police personnel in the Agency areas have been directed to be very careful and move after the clearance of the route parties. The bomb detection and disposal team of rural police on Thursday detected high capacity LED connected four landmines planted near Tribal Welfare Girls Ashram hostel.
The police and the other forces who are engaged in the combing operations and other security in the agency surprised over the location where the landmines were unearthed. The four landmines were planted very close to the Tribal Welfare Ashram girls' hostel."Detecting and defusing of landmines is not much surprise.
For the first time, they planted landmines near girls' hostel where about 300 inmates residing. The location is not an interior place also and many people are using the road. Without the locals' support, it is not possible to plant such landmines," a senior police officer engaged in the anti-Maoist operations said.
Meanwhile, the police top bosses directed the combing operation teams and other police personnel to be very careful while moving into the villages. Expecting more number of landmines planted at various places particularly in the areas of Pedabayalu and Chintapalle mandals and at Andhra-Odisha Border areas, the intelligence wing alerted the men in uniform not to move in Maoist-infested areas without the permission of route clearance parties.