- Five key projects of GMDA worth Rs 194.18 crore approved
- EU slaps $2 billion anti-trust fine on Apple following Spotify's complaint
- Momentum in power, capital goods stocks as infra projects likely to be unveiled, say analysts
- Santosh Trophy: Services hand Railways a 2-0 defeat to march into semifinals
- Ola's S1 Pro electric scooter gets PLI certification to boost green mobility
- Ranji Trophy: Big win over Tamil Nadu takes Mumbai into final for 48th time
- Sinead O'Connor's slams Trump for using singer's best-selling single at rallies
- Tata Motors to demerge business into two separate listed companies
- Interoperable payment system for Net banking to be launched this year: RBI chief
- Cash-for-query row: Delhi HC rejects interim injunction against 'defamatory' posts on Mahua Moitra
BJP hails Nirmala Sitaraman's induction in Union cabinet
BJP workers and supporters in Narasapuram hailed the decision of inducting of Nirmala Sitaraman in the NDA cabinet.
Eluru: BJP workers and supporters in Narasapuram hailed the decision of inducting of Nirmala Sitaraman in the NDA cabinet. She was given important portfolio of finance. Previously, she was the Defence Minister. Nirmala Sitaraman has long association with Narsapuram and West Godavari district. She was born in Madurai, Tamil Nadu in 1959 and married to Parakala Prabhakar in 1986.
Parakala Prabhakar's father Parakala Seshavataram was elected as MLA three times from Narsapuram long time ago and the family is well known in the district. Nirmala lived with her husband in Narsapuram and later shifted to other places.
Now, she was elected to Rajya Sabha from Karnataka. Meanwhile, the denizens of Narsapuram have recollected their association with Nirmala Sitaraman and expressed happiness on getting berth in the Union cabinet.
She earlier adopted nearly 20 villages in the district and took up the development works. The BJP functionaries and supporters had celebrated the event and exchanged greetings. She is a good speaker and always stood with the BJP leadership since the PM Modi's government came to power in 2014.