- Gold rates in Hyderabad slashes today, check the rates on 05 March, 2024
- Gold rates in Delhi today slashes, check the rates on 05 March, 2024
- TDP-Jana Sena to hold BC Jayaho today, to announce BC declaration
- Hyderabad: Man murders wife over suspected affair
- GHMC receives 187 ‘Prajavani’ applications
- VJIM’s Milan-24 festival concludes
- AAP plans to contest in 7 Lok Sabha, 50 Assembly seats
- TSCHE mulls partnerships
- Taxi, cab drivers roll out drive to highlight plethora of woes
- CM to lay stone for Old City Metro Rail project on March 8
Call to strive for farmers' welfare
District Collector S Satyanarayana gave a call to officials of the Agriculture department and dealers of seeds, fertilisers, and pesticides to strive for the welfare of farmers.
Kurnool: District Collector S Satyanarayana gave a call to officials of the Agriculture department and dealers of seeds, fertilisers, and pesticides to strive for the welfare of farmers. Addressing an awareness meeting attended by agriculture officials and dealers at the Sunaina Auditorium here on Tuesday, the Collector said farmers are backbone to our country.
He directed the dealers to sell quality seeds, fertilisers and pesticides to the farmers. Satyanarayana warned of taking stern action against those dealers, who sell expiry and spurious seeds, fertilisers and pesticides to the farmers.
Dealers should not exploit the innocence of farmers, he stressed. The Collector instructed the agriculture officials to inspect stocks in fertiliser shops regularly and educate the farmers on the usage of fertilisers. He informed officials to ensure bank loans are sanctioned to small, marginal and tenant farmers in time. Satyanarayana has expressed anguish over farmers, who raised cotton in an extent of 4 lakh hectares, incurring huge losses due to scanty rainfall and infection.
Farmers can reap rich harvest if 603 MPEOs and agriculture officials make regular field visits, he mentioned. The Collector further instructed the agriculture officials to supply groundnut seed in time else there is no use. Joint Director of Agriculture (JDA) Tagore Naik, ATMA Project Director Uma Maheshwaramma, agriculture officials, dealers and others were present.