- How online learning is transforming teaching careers?
- Swami Vivekananda U20 National Football to kickstart in April
- Mumbai woman cured of epilepsy after part of her brain removed
- MP-PSC delegation presents 66th report to Governor Mangubhai Patel
- Political googly? Sharad Pawar invites Maha CM, Deputy CMs home for dinner
- Sharad Pawar Extends Dinner Invitation Amidst Political Tensions In Baramati
- India's GDP growth surges to 8.4 per cent in Q3, 2023-24 growth rate pegged at robust 7.6 per cent
- SCBA GBM to discuss nomination of women advocates as Executive Members within two months
- Anant National University organises International Symposium on Architecture for All: Call of the Future
- Protein linked to Parkinson's also key for normal brain work: IIT Mandi study
Chirala : Women safety must be top priority for police, says SP Malika Garg
- SP Malika Garg inspects various police stations during her visit to Chirala subdivision
- Asks women protection secretaries to conduct a door-to-door campaign to make women install Disha app
Chirala : The protection of women should be a top priority to the police personnel, and they should ensure justice to the victims, said the new Prakasam district SP Malika Garg.
She inspected several police stations in the Chirala subdivision on Thursday and gave necessary instructions to the officers.
During her visit to the Chirala subdivision, the SP inspected the Chirala I town, II town, traffic, rural, Epurupalem, Vetapalem and Chinaganjam police stations along with the SDPO office in Chirala.
In her visits to the police stations, she reviewed the situation in the premises, computer room, lockup room and enquired about the details of staff on duty, their performance and jurisdictional limits of the stations. She ordered the personnel to perform their duties without compromise and warned laziness will not be tolerated. She also ordered the traffic police to ensure smooth traffic in the town.
The SP ordered the officers to make sure a female police officer posted at the reception, be polite to every complainant and give high priority to the safety and protection of women and girls. She ordered them to ensure swift justice for the victims as soon as they receive the information about untoward incidents.
She instructed the officers to conduct counselling to rowdy sheeters, step up the surveillance to prevent thefts and investigate cases using modern technologies. She directed them to keep track of pending cases and expedite the investigations.
In her meeting with the village and ward women protection secretaries, the SP learnt about the issues they are facing in discharging their duties. She told them to take steps to make every woman install Disha App on her phone and install it by the door-to-door campaign. She asked them to be aware of the misbehaving people in their area, geographical conditions, crime hotspots and other key information and exchange with local police from time to time.
Later, the SP Malika Garg visited the Saraswatha Niketan Library in Vetapalam and gone through the old editions of the newspapers available there. Chirala DSP P Srikanth and SB-I inspector K Venkateswarlu accompanied her on the tour.