- Andhra Pradesh: Light to Moderate rains predicted in state for three days amid surface trough
- Oxfam India To Offer Affected People Emotional Support And Counselling
- WFI Chief Brij Bhushan To Address Rally On June 11 In UP
- Sharwanand Weds Rakshita In A Grand Ceremony At Leela Palace In Jaipur
- NTR centenary celebrations held grandly under the direction of VB Entertainments
- Oscar Isaac wants Pedro to join ‘Spider-Verse’ as a ‘cranky, old Spider-Person’
- Prashanth Neel Biography: Personal life to present projects
- ‘Spider-Man’ actor praises SS Rajamouli’s magnum opus ‘RRR’
- Dua Lipa slams UK Government's 'small-minded' language towards Albanians
- Vicky and Sara’s Zara Hatke Zara Bachke gives relief to Bollywood after Pathaan
CM aims to provide pensions to all differently-abled persons: MLA A Srinivasulu
MLA A Srinivasulu said that a special drive has been taken up to provide YSR Pension Bharosa benefits to all the differently abled persons in the district.
Chittoor: MLA A Srinivasulu said that a special drive has been taken up to provide YSR Pension Bharosa benefits to all the differently abled persons in the district. So far 1.04 lakh differently abled persons were receiving the pension benefits in the district and Chief Minister Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy aims to extend the benefits to all the differently abled persons in the state.
A meeting was organised at Ambedkar Bhavan here on Tuesday to mark International Day of Disabled Persons. Addressing the meeting, the MLA listed out the schemes introduced by the government for the welfare of people. District Collector N B Guptha presided over the meeting in which large number of differently abled persons participated.
Addressing the meeting, Srinivasulu said that the previous TDP government neglected the welfare of disabled persons. ``Earlier in Chittoor district , only 46,000 differently abled were receiving Rs.1,500 per month TDP Government. Now , 1.04 lakh beneficiaries re receiving Rs.3,000 per month, " he said.
The government is planning to extend the scheme to all the differently abled in a phased manner, he said. He lauded that Chittoor MP N Reddappa has taken initiative to present 560 three- wheeler- vehicles. He appealed the Non-Governmental Organisations to take active part in encouraging the differently abled persons.
District Collector N Bharat Guptha said that people should understand and treat well the disabled persons. He said hectic exercise has been done to select the candidates for Ward Secretaries posts under the rule of reservation to Differently abled.
Out of 12,000 Village Secretaries vacancies, 400 posts were filled with differently abled candidates in the district, he said. The MLA and the Collector have distributed the tricycles to differently abled persons at the programme.