- Depleting potassium in soil, threatening global food security
- Tribute to Sant Shiromani Acharya Vidhyasagar: Acharya Ji emphasised on education rooted in our cultural ethos
- Clearing ambiguity a precursor to proposed UCC
- Beat depression better with yoga & walking: Study
- Fostering critical thinking & communication skills in students
- Congress to field Cabinet minister in LS polls in Karnataka
- CCI approves Minda Corporation's stake purchase in Pricol
- Zee Entertainment denies any talks with Sony to revive merger
- Remain united to finish elements like Shahjahan: Bengal LoP to Sandeshkhali women
- JICA to fund startups, innovation project in Telangana
Control room at Collectorate to monitor Fani
Prakasam district Collector Vadarevu Vinay Chand announced that a control room has been set up in the Collectorate to monitor the cyclone storm Fani and ordered all the coastal mandal tahsildars and executive staff to control the situation as and when arises during the cyclone.
Ongole: Prakasam district Collector Vadarevu Vinay Chand announced that a control room has been set up in the Collectorate to monitor the cyclone storm Fani and ordered all the coastal mandal tahsildars and executive staff to control the situation as and when arises during the cyclone.
In a note issued on Sunday, the Collector said that the severe cyclone storm Fani over southeast Bay of Bengal and adjoining east Equatorial Indian Ocean was slightly intensified further. He said that it moved northward with high speed and it is very likely to intensify into a very severe cyclonic storm during forthcoming 24 hours and it is likely to move north-westwards till April 30 to north-eastwards gradually.
He said that light to moderate rainfall at many places with heavy falls along with strong winds with a speed 40-50 kmph was expected in 11 coastal mandals in the district. He announced that the sea condition was very high and all the coastal tahsildars and near mandal tahsildars were directed to take all the precautionary measures. He said that all the fishermen were informed about the cyclone storm and advised not to venture into deep sea areas and to keep their boats at safe places.
Vinay Chand announced that all precautionary measures are taken at the district level and all coastal mandal level. He ordered the fishery department officials and Revenue mechanism to be alert at all coastal areas.
He directed the RDOs of Ongole and Kandukur to give strict directions to all the coastal mandal tahsildars and the executive staff to control the situation as and when arises during the cyclone. On the orders of the Collector, a control room with contact numbers 08592-222100, 281720, 231222 was arranged in the Collectorate for exclusive monitoring of the Fani cyclone storm.