- ‘Science is universal but technology must be local’: PM Modi’s 'words from the past' draw attention
- KIUG 2023: Literally running for life, the story of Nagaraj Venkatesha
- SC orders TN govt to properly train police officers on collection of digital evidence
- Calcutta HC allows central fact-finding team, LoP to visit Sandeshkhali
- India makes strong pitch for restoration of Appellate Body at WTO
- Homegrown Addverb unveils India's 1st assistive dog robot
- China agrees to rollover Pakistan’s $2 bn debt on existing terms
- Men can be victims of sexual assault too, observes Kerala High Court
- FM Sitharaman to launch Electronic Data Interchange facility for Customs stations in NE states
- DY Patil T20 Cup: Shikhar Dhawan and Dinesh Karthik's comebacks go in vain as DY Patil Blue lose by one run
Cut in fertiliser prices demanded
The AP Rythu Sangham has demanded that the government reduce the prices of fertilisers to help farmers overcome losses to some extent.
Unguturu: The AP Rythu Sangham has demanded that the government reduce the prices of fertilisers to help farmers overcome losses to some extent. Addressing the media here on Sunday, the Sangham district president GV Krishnarao and secretary K Srinivas said that the farmers were already worried with increase in investment and low returns.
The increased prices of fertilisers were a bolt from the blue for them. Companies had increased the prices of fertilisers abnormally because of the faulty policy of the Central government. The government should take immediate steps to cut the prices and help the farmers to continue in farming.