- Rajasthan: SUV rams into procession after driver suffers heart attack; dies
- Pakistan beat India by 5 wickets in Friendship Cricket Series for the Blind in UAE
- MVA to seal seat sharing deal in Feb-end: AICC leader Ramesh Chennithala
- TDP leader Dr Pemmasani Chandrasekhar performed pujas in the temples
- Strong domestic fund flows mitigated impact of FII selling in last two months
- Nadda unveils busts of 17 'Heroes of Mumbai' in city garden
- TDP President Abdul Aziz Denounces Attacks on Media by YCP, Advocates for Press Freedom
- TDP leaders meet Vemireddy Prabhakar Reddy in Nellore
- PM Modi to visit Sant Ravi Das temple in Varanasi on Friday, his third trip since 2016
- Centre issues stern warning against surrogate ads seen as harming consumers
Dharmana seeks financial hub in Visakhapatnam
Says Visakha is the only cosmopolitan city with several corporations, PSU and private firms after the division of the state
Vijayawada: Thanking the state government for its initiative to develop north Andhra region, revenue minister Dharmana Prasada Rao in a letter appealed to Chief Minister Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy to set up financial hub in Visakhapatnam for integrated development of all the places in the region which are lagging behind in all aspects of human indexes.
The minister said after bifurcation in 2014, Visakhapatnam remained as the single largest cosmopolitan city with largest number of corporations, public sector and private sector companies operating from this region. That being so, there is a need to support this industry and in order to boost the growth of the region, a few initiatives need to be considered.
Suggesting some measures to develop the region, the minister said 100 acre land should be allotted for establishing a financial hub, constituting regional headquarters of Reserve Bank of India, zonal headquarters of all scheduled banks and other lead banks and financial institutions, financial services’ firms like KPMG, CBRE, leading law firms and also the registrar of companies office.