- Oppn parties' meeting deferred due to Congress, says Nitish Kumar
- WTC Final: Shastri, Ponting, Akram give Australia slight advantage over India
- DCM Shivakumar meets all MLA's, MP's and MLC's on Bangalore development
- Cambodia to graduate from least developed country status by 2027: PM Hun Sen
- Tiny video capsule shows promise as an alternative to endoscopy
- London-based firm Nothing to manufacture Phone (2) in India
- Watch The Viral Video Of Girls Saving Rs 2,000 Notes In Their Piggy Banks
- Prayagraj temples to be renovated ahead of 2025 Maha Kumbh
- Odisha Train Accident: Body identification a major challenge for Odisha govt
- Google may bring battery health feature with Android 14
Dokka Manikya Vara Prasad files nomination for MLC, likely to get cabinet berth in Jagan Govt
Dokka Manikya Varaprasad who filed nomination papers for MLC elections on Thursday, likely to get a cabinet berth in YS Jagan Mohan Reddy government.
Amaravati: Dokka Manikya Vara Prasad who filed nomination papers for MLC elections on Thursday, likely to get a cabinet berth in YS Jagan Mohan Reddy government.
Since two vacancies will be available in the cabinet on the occasion of electing two ministers as Rajya Sabha members including Pilli Subhash Chandrabose and Mopidevi Venkata Ramana, the Chief Minister will induct another two leaders shortly, informed the party sources. Venkata Ramana, who was elected to the Rajya Sabha was a member in the Council and minister from Guntur district. Incidentally, Manikya Varaprasad is also hailing from the same district.
It is worth mentioning that, he already served as a minister during the regime of then CM YS Rajasekhar Reddy and in the Congress government till 2014. Later he joined the TDP and became an MLC. He resigned during the introduction of the three capitals bill and APCRDA repeal bill in the Council, recently. Now, the elections are being conducted for the vacancy that emerged after his resignation in the Council. He submitted the nomination papers on behalf of YSRCP on Thursday. The party leaders including Chief Whip in Council Ummareddy Venkateswarlu, Govt Chief Whip in Assembly Gadikota Srikanth Reddy, MLAs Ambati Rambabu, Vundavalli Sridevi and others accompanied him during the submission of the nomination papers to the Election Returning Officer PV Subbareddy.