- 63 moons Technology ropes in top global firms for cybersecurity foray
- Karnataka HC grants relief to Byju's as investors plan to oust CEO
- Protesting farmers suspend 'Delhi Chalo' protest till Friday
- Gurugram: Man convicted for raping & killing minor girl handed death penalty
- Bengal school job case: Calcutta HC seeks report from ED's Special Director on Partha Chatterjee
- ASIP’s OSAT/ATMP Project launched with Korean JV
- Excise policy case: Delhi court defers order on Sisodia's bail plea amidst pending curative petition
- Surveillance tightened in Sandeshkhali to prevent recurrence of tension
- SC asks UP govt to frame policy for timely payment of advocates' fees
- I have played with him and I am really proud of him: AB de Villiers on Sarfaraz Khan
Election Commission suspends RO China Ramudu & ARO Vidyasagar in Atmakur
Atmakur VVPAT slips issue
Nellore, April 15: Voter Verifiable Paper Audit Trail (VVPAT) slips found in a government school in Atmakur town sometime ago and the Election Commission freshly suspended the respective Returning Officer S China Ramudu and ARO Vidyasagar on Thursday.
The District Collector R Mutyala Raju conducted enquiry and also he lodged complaint with local police on the incident for necessary action as per directions of the EC.
Bunch of both slips and burnt ones appeared in the school premises that revealed negligent role of polling staff after completion of randomization as part polling preparations.
But, officials lament on decision of the EC overlooking negligence of actual culprits behind the incident making the senior officials responsible.