- Stop destruction of Andra Pradesh
- Himachal Congress govt on brink
- PM on two-day visit to Telangana From march 4: Modi to kickstart LS campaign in TS
- Tadepalligudem: TDP-JSP 'unstoppable'
- Beat the summer heat with saffron tips for healthy and glowing skin
- Amazon India offers opportunities for women to work in Night Shifts in Haryana
- What can India learn from Sweden’s pragmatic tobacco control policy?
- Leap Day 2024: Interesting facts, history, and significance of February 29
- Samsung Announces New Memory Variant of Galaxy A15 5G at INR 17999
- Immunity-boosting foods for a healthy life
Food officials raid ice cream units
Are ice creams posing grave threat to the health of children who like them very much. It may be true as many manufacturing units goes on dumping the ice creams into market irrespective of their substandard quality.
Vijayawada: Are ice creams posing grave threat to the health of children who like them very much. It may be true as many manufacturing units goes on dumping the ice creams into market irrespective of their substandard quality. This was proved when officials of Food Safety along with the Regional Vigilance and Enforcement officials conducted raids on two ice cream manufacturing units in Poranki near Vijayawada on Monday.
During the inspection, the officers noticed the violations of food safety norms and issued notices to the two companies.They collected samples of substances used in the manufacture of ice cream/ frozen desserts for purpose of analysis.
Krishna district assistant food controller and food safety designated officer N Purnachandra Rao stated that they collected samples in Sri Vijaya Durga Frozen Foods, Poranki and also in Sri Datta Milk Foods, Poranki.
He also said that the ice cream companies did not follow the sanitary hygiene and manufacturing practices during their raid and were issued improvement notices for rectification of violations noticed.