- Suspected IED blast kills student in Manipur, another injured
- Asian Track Cycling: Arshad Shaikh, Jyoti Gaderiya win their third gold; Harshita bags silver as India claims four medals
- Corporate earnings surprised on the upside due to improvement in margins
- Ashok Chavan 'injures' Congress again, 55 Nanded ex-corporators join BJP
- Adani Group, Uber to form JV to help expand fleet on green energy?
- One killed as fire breaks out in Singapore apartment
- Two soldiers killed after helicopter crashes in US
- No difference of opinion between me and Satheesan, says Sudhakaran after show of temper
- ‘Farmers first’ policy is Modi govt's resolve to boost their income: A look at key initiatives
- KIUG 2023: Shooter Tejaswini bags Delhi University’s first medal; Chandigarh on top of medal table
High alert announced in Vizianagaram
District Collector M Harijawaharlal held a review meeting with the officials of various departments and gave instructions to them to face any emergency situation.
Vizianagaram: The district administration has been put on high alert to tackle Fani cyclone and making arrangements to meet any emergency situation. District Collector M Harijawaharlal held a review meeting with the officials of various departments and gave instructions to them to face any emergency situation.
Groceries and other necessary commodities are being acquired and coastal villages are put on high alert. Fishermen folk told not to go into sea for fishing. As many as 26 special teams including special taskforce and NDRF have been arranged to rush the low level areas to rescue the victims. The officials of revenue, medical and health electrical, roads and buildings , Panchayat Raj , animal husbandry departments were alerted.
The administration is expecting that gales would be very strong and the speed would be more than 150 kilometers per hour. Cyclone rescue centers are established at Bhogapuram and Pusapatirega mandals and vehicles are also arranged to shift the people in emergency situation. Leave are cancelled for all the staff in the district. All essential commodities are kept ready to supply to the people.