- Chilukur: Crops begin to wither away in Feb itself
- Karimnagar: Police clampdown on land mafia leaves natas tense
- Signal launches usernames to keep your phone number private
- Vijayawada: Polio drops to be administered to 53.35L children in AP
- Entrepreneurial households driving next economic wave
- After Apple, Google to Manufacture Pixel Smartphones in India
- Vijayawada District Congress president Gundlakunta Sriramulu slams govt. For supressing opposition party
- Kadapa Mayor congratulates Bishop Issac on third anniversary as CSI president
- Profit booking halts 6-day bull run
- Uppercase unveils school backpacks
Innova mows down a shepherd and 15 sheep
A speeding Innova car mowed down a shepherd and 15 sheep in an accident at Pullalacheruvu mandal in Prakasam district in the early morning on Thursday.
Yerragondapalem: A speeding Innova car mowed down a shepherd and 15 sheep in an accident at Pullalacheruvu mandal in Prakasam district in the early morning on Thursday.
According to the Pullalacheruvu SI K Anok and others a shepherd, Ramavath Nage Naik, a native of Mallapalem village in Pullacheruvu mandal reached Endrapalli village on the highway along with his sheep in the early morning to go to the market at Kunta for selling them. But a speeding Innova car coming from the Macharla side hit the shepherd and the animals waiting on the roadside but didn't stop even to check their status.
The locals found that the shepherd Nage Naik and 15 sheep were killed on the spot and informed the police. The Pullalacheruvu police registered the case and searched for the vehicle. The driver of Innova deserted the vehicle at a non-operating tollgate near Yerragondapalem and fled away. The police seized the car with the Maharashtra registration number MH44S 1077 and started the investigation on the case.