- Vidya Balan Takes Legal Action Against Fake Instagram Account
- K’taka govt suspends police officer for filing ‘false case’ against 40 lawyers
- MVV Satyanarayana's Padayatra in Visakhapatnam East Constituency Receives Great Response
- WPL: Sutherland will add a lot of firepower to our team, says DC captain Lanning
- Nitin Gadkari to inaugurate projects worth Rs 13,000 cr in Karnataka
- Amazon plans to launch low-priced fashion vertical 'Bazaar' in India
- Yashasvi gains big in ICC Test rankings after double ton in Rajkot
- PM to dedicate to nation 2 N-power reactors; Kakrapar plant 4 to be connected to grid soon
- PFRDA notifies simplified rules for Pension Funds, NPS Trust
- Haven't joined INDIA block: Kamal Haasan
IPL cricket betting:Gang of six held in Visakhapatnam
With the two playoff matches of IPL-2019 season to be played on May 8 and 10, the City Task Force (CTF) intensified checks to nab the punters, who are organising bets for the matchers.
Visakhapatnam: With the two playoff matches of IPL-2019 season to be played on May 8 and 10, the City Task Force (CTF) intensified checks to nab the punters, who are organising bets for the matchers. As a part of the checks and on credible information, the CTF busted an IPL betting case, in the city.
The CTF team led by Assistant Commissioner of Police Mahendra Mathe, raided a place in Kothapalem area near Gopalapatnam and arrested six persons who were allegedly engaged in IPL betting.
Arrested are identified as A Rama Chandra Reddy of Allipuram, Sh.Ishak of Gopalapatnam, B Kishore Kumar of Sriram Nagar, T Bujji of Chandra Nagar, A Maha Lakshmi of Nagendra Colony and M Durga Prasad of Kothapalem.
The betting was being organised for the IPL matches. The police seized Rs.32,100 in cash, one mobile phone and three books, from the accused.