- Must take permission before launching AI models, safeguard electoral process: Centre to Big Tech
- 5 Sleep Strategies for Diabetics: Manage Blood Sugar Naturally
- B’luru cafe blast a rehearsal, indicative of impending attacks: BJP leader CT Ravi
- Shveta Rani, the latest dreamer from Alakhpura
- India should now move to higher poverty line: Author of Brookings report
- Navigating Ramadan: Finding Harmony Between Technology and Spirituality
- Navigating the first trimester
- WPL 2024: We are still in it but have got some work to do, says Gujarat Giants’ coach Klinger
- 'India has eliminated extreme poverty,' claims US think-tank; says 'decline in 11 yrs comparable to past 30 yrs'
- YSRCP to announce manifesto during Bapatla Siddham meeting
Lions Club holds free eye camp
Lion Ch Ajay Kumar, Bar council member was the chief guest of the free eye camp and awareness programme organised by Garimella Lakshmi Sameera Lions Eye Hospital, Maruthi nagar here on Friday.
Vijayawada: Lion Ch Ajay Kumar, Bar council member was the chief guest of the free eye camp and awareness programme organised by Garimella Lakshmi Sameera Lions Eye Hospital, Maruthi nagar here on Friday. Speaking on the occasion Ajay Kumar said the Lions Club is rendering excellent service to the society.
It has been rendering services by planting saplings and organising 'vision to the blind' programmes. He appreciated the services of the Eye Hospital by conducting awareness programmes, eye screening camps to the school children and common public and treating the visually challenged at their hospital.
The chief guest interacted with the post operative patients at the hospital who has expressed their satisfaction.
Hospital chairman Lion Dr B Hanumaiah said more than 15,000 cataract surgeries have been performed since the year 2005 in both the Telugu speaking states. He said that the hospital was equipped with 15 bedded air conditioned accommodation to the inmates.