- Real Madrid signs Bellingham from Borussia Dortmund for over 100 million euros
- RSS chief to be in Udaipur on June 8-9
- BRS govt's efforts led to sustainable, constant availability of water: MLC Kavitha
- Pak Army top brass vows to tighten noose around masterminds of May 9 'rebellion'
- Karnataka's free power scheme to cost Rs 13,000 crore annually
- Vadnagar Railway station gets a facelift
- Woman commits suicide in J&K after failing civil service exams
- Doing good for others is beneficial to children's emotional, physical health: Study
- 'Oppn meeting will be held on June 23 in Patna': JD-U leader
- 1 in every 7 cars sold now an EV, China's BYD dominate again
'Municipal election results prove people's faith in CM's governance says Sajjala Ramakrishna Reddy
- The two-year YS Jagan Mohan Reddy government performance paved the way for massive victory in the Eluru Municipal Corporation elections, says Sajjala
- YSRCP vote share increased, he says
Amaravati: Government Advisor (Public Affairs) Sajjala Ramakrishna Reddy said that the positive vote share for YSRCP has been increased and added that the two-year governance of Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy paved the way for massive victory in the Eluru Municipal Corporation elections.
Addressing a press conference here on Monday, Sajjala said that it was a landslide for YSRCP by sweeping all the 12 Municipal Corporations and winning 74 of the 75 Municipalities and all these results clearly portrays the people's faith in Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy's governance, which took welfare to the doorstep of the beneficiary irrespective of castes, religions and parties.
In Eluru, all the people voted unanimously for YSRCP, registering 56.3 percent vote share, while the opposition TDP was limited to 28.2 percent, he said and added that YSRCP vote share was increased from 44.73 percent in 2019.
Attributing the landslide victory of YSRCP in urban body elections, Ramakrishna Reddy expressed confidence that YSRCP will win any election, as people are on their side since they were happy with the good governance of Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy.
He said that the same results will be seen in the MPTC and ZPTC results. He said the election process was completed under the difficult circumstances of pandemic conditions but were held up due to the political conspiracies of Chandrababu Naidu. People have rejected Naidu way back in 2019, by confining his party to just 23 seats and are not ready to fall for him again. He stated that the TDP had made vicious moves knowing that they cannot win over YSRCP.
Meanwhile, he refuted the articles published by a section of media on irregularities taking place in Amaravati region and clarified that it was all part of TDP's false propaganda against the government. He said that Chandrababu Naidu failed to do justice for the farmers who gave up their lands for the capital region and have not bothered to widen the Karakatta road, which is a primary connectivity to the capital.
Sajjala said that it was Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy, who increased the annuity term from 10 years to 15 years along with pension amount. He said that the Chief Minister had mooted for the widening for Karakatta road, which will become a major road link to the Amaravati region.
On this occasion, Sajjala challenged Chandrababu to announce his party's stand on Rayalaseema lift irrigation project and questioned what he had done while the Telangana government has been constructing Palamuru-Rangareddy during TDP rule. He recalled that YS Jagan Mohan Reddy had protested against the Palamuru-Rangareddy project.